Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What I have been listening to lately.

So it has been a while that I have posted anything so I am going to post a few albums I have been listening to lately and hopefully you may listen to some of them.


Beau Navire - Hours 

If you know me personally you would know I am a avid fan of Screamo. Though it is a label that has been basically contaminated with metalcore and post-hardcore it is still one of my favorite subgeneres of  punk . Beau Navire features artist from different screamo bands, Loma Pierta, Specters and one of my favorites I Wrote Haikus About Cannibalism in Your Yearbook. Together, Beau Navire is a band that can provide a spectrum of emotions while playing.  This album alone is 22 minutes of sheer emotional explosions. Beau Navire has this skill of having extremely violent songs that end with sounds of remorse and loss.






Unwound- Leaves Turn Inside You

Bryan has already posted a little something about them which is a huge coincidence. This band is one of those post-hardcore bands that doesn't sound like anyone at all. I don't even like calling them post-hardcore I always feel like they are space rock. The songs on this album would probably be perfect if matched up with 2001  A Space Odyssey. Such smooth sounding atmosphere. Ohhh Boy! Good album. Good band check them out.












Danny Brown- XXX

To mix up my music taste here I am posting one of my favorite hip-hop albums of this year. Danny Brown is a Detroit rapper with a style that is his own. This whole album is just rude, crude, emotional, sad, depressing and even funny. He has songs about his many vices (drugs, drinking, partying, sex) ,but also he has songs about his drug fiend family and what being 30 feels like. I feel that there is no low point in this album at all so give it a try,








No comments:

Post a Comment