Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Untitled 5 / The Shape of this Label to Come



Lately things have been pretty apathetic in the state of what exactly is going on with the label. I'll be the first to admit that perhaps not updating the blog on the once weekly basis was a pretty fucked up way to just slam the door on any readers we may have once had, if any. But I'd like to explain myself on why this is the way things were (note 'were').

Things out here in the local residence of the label's activity have been essentially dead these past few months, from the very start of the year there just hasn't been anything going on in terms of shows or musicians popping up. We've run out of contacts and friends who are even making music anymore and those who are still around obviously don't want to be a part of the label or make it in general.

So we've hit a very big rut of plain old nothing.

Personally, I can't think of any way to really keep things interesting if only my own projects are the ones that keep making and releasing material on here.
I mean I'm still going to do it, but where's the variety? Where is the small music collective I sought to create with this? Who exactly has the same amount of effort and desire to do this?

Probably no one that I know of.

But who could be put to blame? It's silly to think that much could be done with such a small, and now single person run label. And yet...

Too stubborn to really give up and wanting to put forth effort into something that I made, even if the reasons are beyond logical, I will continue posting my own work and anybody else's who wishes me to do so.

Onward and onward again. Updates on the blog will return to being twice a week if not more depending on what happens. Hope you'll stick along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment