Friday, January 18, 2013

Song of the Day: The Angels Light - Praise Your Name

 Right now I am reading The Orange Eats Creeps by Grace Krilanovich and Nova Express by William S. Burroughs which I hope to finish before school starts. I will be posting reviews of both right when I am finished.

Now right now this was the song of the day for me: Angels of Light's "Praise Your Name."

Praise Your Name is probably my favorite song due to the dissonant violin coming in and out reach with the icy xylophone and mournful piano. The lyrics are dark and drenched in apocalyptic imagery concerning the worship of some lover. The chorus' choir behind the yelping of Michael Gira sounds all so glorious.

I gained an emotional attachment to this song after listening it everyday, for three weeks last year after feeling trapped in my small dorm room. In fact, Gira was pretty hot on Bryan's and mine playlist for majority of our first year at CSUN.

Where are you wounded girls
With bruised faces and blackened eyes
Break open your glass doors
Welcome the whirling debris
Carve your name there
In the marble and concrete



No comments:

Post a Comment