Monday, September 19, 2011

Top 5 albums of 2011 thus far.

Bryan and I were talking about this year for music earlier today over lunch. We both agreed that this year pretty much sucked. Goblin turned out to be a huge disappointment, as well as Watch the Throne and Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang. So to combat this pessimistic view of the year here is 5 albums that might be worth your while.



5.) The Saddest Landscape- You Will Not Survive

These guys are probably the only band still making authentic screamo. The instrumentals are amazing. I hope these guys keep stay around and not split like their contemporaries.











4.) Shabazz Palaces- Black Up

I mentioned this album before in my first post. This album takes hip-hop and launches it to a futuristic place. The beats on this album are out of this world. It feels like the beats were made by a supercomputer from the future.







3.) Giles Corey - Giles Corey

One half of Have a Nice Life, Giles Corey is nearly equally as depressing. I can't say anything other than the fact it is absolutely soul crushing.





2.) *shels - Plains of the Purple Buffalo

Nothing more I could say about this album that I haven't already said already in my review. This album creates "epic soundscapes" which feels like a imaginary world.











1.) Joyce Manor- Joyce Manor

Though this album may be considered just a simple punk album,  it feels so much more than just that. From the first track, "Orange Julius" to the last track, "Constant Headache" you feel this surge of strange teenage joy which can only be explained simply by the strong songwriting. I have probably played this album 20-30 times this month and it still hasn't got old.

No comments:

Post a Comment